Join Q-WAVE and GAPIMNY for this year’s Pride in Manhattan on Sunday, 6/24/12!
This year, our theme is “Queer, Asian, and…” The theme is meant to showcase the beautiful diversity we have in our community. We will carry giant letters that say “Queer Asian” and hold posters that we make e.g. Queer, Asian, and PROUD or Queer, Asian and fighting for liberation or Queer, Asian, and HUNGRY… You get the point. Our colors this year will be RED, and we will be joined by a Korean drumming troupe featuring GAPIMNY and Q-WAVE members.
Sign up for details Here.
Manhattan Pride March Details
Meet at 11:30am at 39th Street between 5th and 6th Avenues. Try to be on time as there will be tighter security by noon.
Wear RED, do your stretches, and get ready for a wild ride! And note: allies are more than welcome to march with us!
Contacts on the day-of:
At the end of the march (~2:30pm) we will go to Grand Sichuan for lunch – 15 7th Ave (between Carmine & Leroy St). Reservation under “Helen.” We have a reservation for about 30-40 people.
Also, email [email protected] if you can help out with these roles in the march:
- 2 to help move banners, etc. from car to start area in the morning
- 2 to carry the GAPIMNY banner (PHOTO OP! Really, you’ll get so many photos of yourself)
- 1-2 to help carry giant letters, QUEER ASIAN, with Q-WAVE
- 1-2 to pass out stickers and postcards (this is really fun!)
- 1-2 to push our granny carts