You can support GAPIMNY by becoming a member or donating.
Membership is open to those that identify as gay, bisexual, queer and questioning Asian Pacific Islander Men and transgender/genderqueer people.
Donations are open to any individual who wishes to support GAPIMNY’s work.
Memberships and Donations Support:
- Safe and supportive spaces for queer Asian and Pacific Islander (QAPI) men and transgender individuals to connect, come out, and discuss issues impacting their lives
- Visibility initiatives that raise the voices of QAPIs, including marches in Pride and Lunar New Year parades
- Political campaigns advocating for our community on issues, such as immigration, sexual racism, homophobia, transgender exclusion, and many others
- Organizational nuts and bolts, such as website maintenance, space rentals, and marketing
Membership Benefits Include:
- Special discounts to programs and events
- Regular communication about developments in the QAPI community and the organization
- Consideration to travel on behalf of GAPIMNY to regional and national conferences, such as summits and conferences hosted by the National Queer Asian Pacific Islander Alliance (NQAPIA)
- Opportunity to elect GAPIMNY’s Steering Committee each year
- Opportunity to leverage GAPIMNY’s resources to launch mission-relevant programs, initiatives, or events