DowneTime is taking you to experience the Fall colors of New York! We will be commuting by Metro North along the Hudson River for a day hike at the beautiful Cold Spring’s Bull Hill. This event is open to all GAPIMNY folks.
Please read the trip information below and then RSVP through [email protected] with the info we request below.
Venue and Transport: Meet up time is 9am, Sunday, October 5th at Grand Central Station, next to the Golden Clock. We will all board the train at 9:20. Please arrive early to purchase your ticket. We will try to sit together on the train.
If you prefer driving/catching a ride, please indicate that in your RSVP and make sure you arrive at the Cold Springs Metro North Station parking lot by 11am.
What to Wear: Please note that the trail is rated strenuous and moderate/difficult. Please dress appropriately to hike on slippery slopes with wet leaves and loose rocks. You may be required to use hands for assistance at times. Hiking/sports shoe and long pants are strongly recommended.
1) Water for a 3 – 4 hour hike (1.5 – 2 liters)
2) Fare for the round trip ticket
3) Insect repellant. Wear long pants to prevent ticks
4) Snacks and food (lunch, if you prefer your own food or do not RSVP)
5) Trash bags for your trash
6) Your medication(s) (allergy, asthma, etc.)
7) A change of clothes, if you want
8) A great smile to meet great people and have a good time in nature
Cost and Lunch: the train round trip is $28. All currently paid GAPIMNY members will receive a $5 discount. We can provide lunch.
Please RSVP at [email protected] with “HIKING RSVP” subject, with this info:
1) Will you be commuting with us by train or will you driving/catching a ride?
2) Any dietary restrictions?
3) Do you want DowneTime to provide your lunch? The lunch is likely to be banh mi, or Vietamese sandwiches.
4) Any allergies, medications, or injuries that we should be informed about
If the cost of the trip is a concern for you please email us. We do not want you to miss out due to financial concerns.
Weather Concerns: The event will be confirmed two days prior to the hike. You will be informed if we have to reschedule due to weather.
For any questions and concerns, please email us at [email protected].